SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE
Simple Present Tense
is a sentence that declares an act or activities that take place / occur at the
current time in the form of a simple or a job done repeatedly, daily habits,
events or acts that have nothing to do with time, and to express general
truths.
Simple present tense
is formed from the verb-1 (present tense) or linking verb "be" (is,
am, are). Verb-1 is a bare infinitive with additional -s or -es (eg verb-1:
does, goes, wants) on the subject in the form of singular noun (singular noun:
Tita, book, car) or the third person singular pronoun (pronoun third person
singular: she, he, it); or without modification (eg verb-1: do, go, want) to
the subject in the form of a plural noun (boys, men, books) or plural pronouns
(we, they), pronoun I / you, or a compound subject (you and me, Tina and Ruth).
Thus the formula for
the simple present tense sentences positive, negative and interrogative as
follows.
|
SENTENCE
|
Formula Simple Present Tense
|
Examples of Simple Present
Tense
|
|
S+V-1
S +/- auxiliary (do/does) + bare infinitive |
She
likes eating out
|
|
|
|
S
+ (am/is/are)
|
The
children are naughty.
|
|
NEGATIF
|
S
+ auxiliary (do/does) + not + bare infinitive
|
She
doesn’t like eating out
|
|
|
S
+ be(am/is/are) + not
|
The
children aren’t naughty
|
|
INTROGATIF
|
Do/Does
+ S + bare infinitive
|
Does
she like eating out
|
|
|
Be(am/is/are)
+ S
|
Are
the children naughty
|
Note:
On a positive sentence, normally auxiliary verb (do / does) not be used, but only be used if necessary to emphasize the necessity to take action.
On a positive sentence, normally auxiliary verb (do / does) not be used, but only be used if necessary to emphasize the necessity to take action.
Functions
and example sentences simple present tense :
|
Function
|
Example Sentences Simple Present Tense
|
|
Simple present tense to express
habitual action (custom) which is often used adverb of frequency (always,
Often, usually, every day / week, month, all the time, etc) as time signals.
|
He always consumes low GI
rice.
|
|
She sends much money to her
parents in the village every month.
|
|
|
Factual (general truth / fact indisputable)
|
The sun rises from the east
and sets in the west.
|
|
Water boils at 100 degrees
Celcius.
|
|
|
Simple present tense is used to make
a simple statement of the applicable general (valid at any time) and not
general (using the verb be).
|
I live in Jakarta.
|
|
She is so
beautiful.
|
|
|
He’s angry.
|
|
|
Simple present tense stative verb
used to express a feeling (feeling), senses (sense), mind (mental state), or
the ownership (possession).
|
She loves dancing.
|
|
I see tears in your eyes.
|
|
|
We agree with the
speaker’s opinion.
|
|
|
My brother owns a new
house.
|
|
|
Simple present tense is used to talk
about plans or schedules in the future but it has a period of close to now.
Generally talking about transportation or event. Verb commonly used include:
arrive, come, leave.
|
The ship leaves the harbour
this night at 7 o’clock.
|
|
He arrives from Osaka at 1
pm.
|
|
|
The ceremony starts at
nine.
|
|
|
Simple present tense is used to give
instructions or action series.
|
You add a glass of coconut
milk into a pan and then boil it.
|
|
You go straight ahead then turn
left.
|
|
|
Simple present tense is used in a
conditional sentence type 1.
|
If you meet the naughty
boy, your parents will be angry.
|
|
I will go swimming if I have
free time.
|
THE FORMULA / PATTERNS IN THE SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE
Nominal sentence :
·
I Am
·
They
·
We Are
·
You
·
Heigh
·
She Is
·
It
Sentence
Nominal Positive (+): Subject + Tobe (am, is an acre) + Object
Example sentences positive (+):
1. I am a singer. (I am a singer)
2. We are teachers. (We are teachers)
3. You are clever. (You are smart)
4. He is twelve years old. (He's a man 12 years old)
5. She is very beautiful. (She was a very beautiful woman)
6. It is my new house. (That is my new home)
Example sentences positive (+):
1. I am a singer. (I am a singer)
2. We are teachers. (We are teachers)
3. You are clever. (You are smart)
4. He is twelve years old. (He's a man 12 years old)
5. She is very beautiful. (She was a very beautiful woman)
6. It is my new house. (That is my new home)
Nominal Sentence Negative (-): Subject + Tobe (am, is an acre) + NOT + Object
Example sentences negative (-):
1. I am not a singer. (I'm not a singer)
2. We are not teachers. (We're not the teacher)
3. You are not clever. (You're not smart)
4. He is not twelve years old. (He was not a man 12 years old)
5. She is not very beautiful. (He was not a very pretty woman)
6. It is not my new house. (That's not my new home)
Nominal sentences Interrogativee (?): Tobe (am, is an acre) + Subject + Object +?
Example sentences interrogative (?):
1. Am I a singer? (I was a singer?)
2. Are we teachers? (Whether we are teachers?)
3. A re you clever? (Are you smart?)
4. Is he twelve years old? (Is he a man 12 years old?)
5. She is very beautiful? (Is she very beautiful woman?)
6. Is it my new house? (Whether it is my new home?)
Verbal sentence
I
They
We Verb 1
you
heigh
She Verb 1 + s / es
It
Verbal sentence Positive (+): Subject + Verb1 / Verb1 + s / es + Object
Example sentences positive (+):
1. She speaks English very well.
(She was the women speaks English fluently)
2. We always study chemistry twice a week
(We always learn chemistry twice seminngu)
3. He buys a new red car
(He's a man bought a new red car)
4. I love you so much
(I love you so much)
5. They watch TV in the living room
(They watch TV in the guest cast)
Verbal Sentence Negative (-): Subject + do / does not + Verb1 + Object
I
They
We Do Not
you
heigh
She Does Not
It
Examples of the positive sentence (-):
1. She does not speak English very well.
(She was the women speaks English fluently)
2. We do not study chemistry twice a week
(We do not learn chemistry twice seminngu)
3. He does not buy a new red car
(He's a man not not buy a new red car)
4. I do not love you so much
(I do not love you tsangat)
5. They do not watch TV in the living room
(They do not watch TV in the guest cast)
Verbal interrogative sentence (?): Do / Does Verb1 + + Subject + Object +?
Example sentences interrogative (?):
1. Does he speak English very well?
(Is she the women speak English fluently?)
2. Do we always study chemistry twice a week?
(Do we always learn chemistry twice seminngu?)
3. Does he buy a new red car?
(Is he a man bought a new red car?)
4. Do I love you so much?
(Do I really love you?)
5. Do they watch TV in the living room?
(Do they watch TV in the guest cast?)
SOURCE
http://www.wordsmile.com/rumus-contoh-kalimat-passive-simple-present-tense
SIMPLE PAST TENSE
Simple past tense is a simple form
of the verb to indicate that an event occurred in the past. In the simple past
tense, time of occurrence (yesterday, last two days, last year) or the time
line (for two months, for a day, for an hour) can be specifically mentioned.
Simple past tense is formed from
the verb-2 (past tense) or linking verb "be" (was, were). What is the
verb-2? Verb-2 is the bare infinitive (base verb form) with added -ed, -en, -d,
-t, -n, or -ne for regular verb or form inconsistent at irregular verb. [See
also: Regular and Irregular Verb].
Was that a singular verb is used in
the singular subject (such as: I, she, he, it, Andi, and the cat) unless
"you", on the contrary were that a plural verb is used in the plural
subject (such as: you, they, we, Andi and Susi, and the cats). [Read also:
Subject-Verb Agreement].
Here's the formula for the simple past tense
sentences positive, negative and interrogative.
|
Type of sentence
|
Formula
|
Example sentence simple past tense
|
|
positif
(+)
|
S
+ Verb-2 (past tense)
S + be(was/were) |
The
teacher came
|
|
I was a stamp collector
|
||
|
negatif
(-)
|
S
+ did + not + bare infinitive
S + be(was/were) + not |
The
teacher didn’t come
|
|
I wasn’t a stamp collector
|
||
|
interogatif
(?)
|
Did
+ S + bare infinitive
be(was/were) + S |
Did
the teacher come
|
|
Was I a stamp collector
|
Simple Past Tense Some Functions Example Sentences
Simple Past Tense
|
Function
|
Example sentence simple past tense
|
|
Simple past tense to talk about the action that
occurs at a specific time duration in the past. Preposition "for"
can be used to declare a period of time of the incident.
|
Vina and I went to the
Ragunan zoo three months ago.
|
|
Did he come on time yesterday?
|
|
|
The party started at 10.00
a.m.
|
|
|
Did you sleep enough last night?
|
|
|
I studied civil engineering
for almost 4 years.
|
|
|
Simple past tense to talk about habits in the
past. Subordinate conjunction "when" is usually used in these
situations.
|
I often did exercises in
the gym when I lived in Bandung.
|
|
When I was a senior high
school student, I always got up at 4 am to study.
|
|
|
To show that there is a short duration of action
(simple past tense) that occurs when a long duration of action (past
continuous tense) is underway.
|
I was reading a journal in the
library when someone burped out loud.
|
|
To show that an action (simple past tense)
immediately following the action has been completed (past perfect tense).
|
I had already finished my
breakfast when he picked me up.
|
|
Simple past tense is used in a conditional
sentence type 2.
|
If she studied hard, she
would be pass.
|
|
I would buy a sport car if
I had much money.
|
Formula
Simple Past Tense
Formula simple past tense and
examples of this formula kalimatnyaKarena simple (simple), then the formula is
simple. We just need the Verb-2 as a formula absolute traits past tense. So the
basic formula of the verbal sentence is: S + Verb-2. As for the nominal
sentence, then we must make "to be" her into a verb-2, that "was
and were". Tense is said to be simple because simple past tense just want
to provide information about a job that has occurred in the past without
wanting to show that his job was being perpetrated.
Function Simple
Past Tense
1. Shows jobs that occurred in the past without wanting to emphasize the work is happening or has happened.
1. Shows jobs that occurred in the past without wanting to emphasize the work is happening or has happened.
Exemple :
- I knocked on your door last night but no one came out.
- Did you tell her that I was with my another girl friend last weekend?
2. Conditional Sentence used in type
2.
Exemple :
- I would invite you to go along with me if the car was
not full at that time.
- If you did not cheat me, I would be nice to you.
3. Being remorse sentence against an ongoing work in
the past (past continuous tense).
Exemple :
- She came into the class when the teacher was teaching.
- Last night I almost got an accident since a cat crossed
in front of my car when I was driving my car.
4. In order to explain the work that
happened in the past after another incident completion (sequential or chronological).
The first incident usually use the past perfect tense.
Exemple :
- I had already gone out from that building before the
bomb blew up.
- She had finished her job before I came.
Information
Simple past tense using time information showing the past, like yesterday (yesterday), last week (last week), last night (last night), one year ago (a year ago), the day before (the day before), once upon a time (at a time).
Simple past tense using time information showing the past, like yesterday (yesterday), last week (last week), last night (last night), one year ago (a year ago), the day before (the day before), once upon a time (at a time).
SOURCE
Simple Future Tense
Simple future tense is a verb form used to claim that an
action happens in the future, spontaneous or planned.
Formula Simple Future Tense
Simple future tense is formed of capital "will"
or "shall" and the bare infinitive (base verb form) or formed from
phrasal capital "be going to" and the bare infinitive (base form
verb).
|
Type of sentence
|
Formula
|
Examples of Simple Future Tense
|
|
positif
(+) |
S
+ will + bare infinitive
S + be (am/is/are) going to + bare infinitive |
You
will win
|
|
They are going to come
|
||
|
negatif
(-) |
S
+ will + not + bare infinitive
S + be (am/is/are) + not + going to + bare infinitive |
You
won’t win
|
|
They aren’t going to come
|
||
|
interogatif
(?) |
Will
+ S + bare infinitive
Be (am/is/are) + S + going to + bare infinitive? |
Will
you win
|
|
Are they going to come
|
Example Sentences function Simple Future Tense
|
Function
|
Example of
sentences
|
|
Simple future tense (will) to make a spontaneous decision to do
something (without plan).
|
Wait
a minute. I will change my clothes.
|
|
You look nervous. I’ll give you a
glass of water.
|
|
|
Simple future tense (will) to predict the future (without plan).
|
The
doom will not happen in 2014.
|
|
Which hotels do you think will
offer the best service?
|
|
|
He’ll
be angry.
|
|
|
The sandstorm will come.
|
|
|
I
think he will pass.
|
|
|
The present continuous tense is used to express the arrangement (the
plan that has been thought out and discussed with others).
|
I’m visiting South Korea tomorrow.
|
|
She’s
going to the physiotherapist next monday.
|
|
|
Simple future tense with "going + to" to declare the
intention (of future plans that have been thought previously).
|
I’m going to send this letter
tomorrow.
|
|
He
is going to go to French to continue his study.
|
|
|
Simple future tense is used to form the conditional sentence type 1.
|
I will come if they invite me.
|
There
are three functions that can be used with this tense, the first is:
1. To declare a plan that will do in the future
So if you are currently planning a plan that will you do in the future, express with this tense.
example:
A. Why did you buy this book? (Why did you buy this book?)
B. I buy this book Because I am going to study tonight. or I buy this book Because I will study tonight. (I bought this book because I would learn later that night.)
Note the underlined words, the sentence is a plan that will do. There are two ways that can be used to reveal plans (depending on taste), like in the example above, while to the formula can be seen at the bottom.
So if you are currently planning a plan that will you do in the future, express with this tense.
example:
A. Why did you buy this book? (Why did you buy this book?)
B. I buy this book Because I am going to study tonight. or I buy this book Because I will study tonight. (I bought this book because I would learn later that night.)
Note the underlined words, the sentence is a plan that will do. There are two ways that can be used to reveal plans (depending on taste), like in the example above, while to the formula can be seen at the bottom.
2.
To declare a prediction (estimate)
example:
According to the weather news, Bandarlampung will be cloudy tonight
According to the weather news, Bandarlampung is going to be cloudy tonight
3. To declare something to be done in the future spontaneously
example:
A: I do not understand this problem
B: Ask your teacher or your friend about it, they will help you
example:
According to the weather news, Bandarlampung will be cloudy tonight
According to the weather news, Bandarlampung is going to be cloudy tonight
3. To declare something to be done in the future spontaneously
example:
A: I do not understand this problem
B: Ask your teacher or your friend about it, they will help you
SOURCE
http://www.wordsmile.com/pengertian-rumus-contoh-kalimat-simple-future-tense
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar